Re: Beautiful Saturday drive, bad sunburn and couple of questions

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Subject: Re: Beautiful Saturday drive, bad sunburn and couple of questions
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 10:25:15 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jim: I am running stock radials 145x13 so the 74.4 mph is probably what
I was doing, given that I felt there was a lot left to go and the top
speed is spupposed to be 87 MPH. I just had my tranny rebuilt, new
clutch, new main bearings, connecting rod bearings, rings, oil pump,
complete valve job including deleading, and my SU's completely rebuilt.
The car was humming, so smooth and effortless to get to that speed, I
was really impressed by it. I only kept at that rpm for a minute or two,
I was going downhill, and kept it at 4000 RPM thereafter. I am waiting
till the motor breaks in a little more, (I am at around 300 miles from
the rebuild now) before I really test it.

Fred
1963 Midget MKI 1098CG