Re: Steering Wheel Nut

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Nut
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:40:53 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Had the same problem and contemplated putting the sucker on a lathe.  My
threads were compressed in the same area as yours.  My nut looked a bit
narly when I took off the Mota Lita to replace it with an original wheel.
When I put the nut back on, it seemed that it screwed up the threads even
more.  I had my mechanic order me a die for it and I re-threaded it.  It
seems as if it was an NFS or NSF 28 die.  One thing for sure, don't try just
any kind of nut off of an MGB or something like that.  You'll hose it up for
sure.  I left the die with the mechanic so I'll try and remember to call and
ask what it was we ordered. I'll drop you a line and fill you in.

Jeff Church
'59 Bugeye