re: Whitworth tools

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Whitworth tools
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 98 01:03:20 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>>per Dave Formstone in Canada...
>>When I rebuilt my bugeye almost every nut and bolt had rusted somewhat.

  Just out of curiosity... Now that stainless steel nuts/bolts seem to be
more available; Anybody have any knowledge about how strong they are and
where it would be safe to substitute them for old, rusty stuff?
  They're probably still hard to find in SAE thread sizes, but maybe for
the more 'general' through-bolt locations...  I don't recall seeing any
particular strength/hardness ratings for them either.
        Ed in NC