Re: Torque Wrench

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Torque Wrench
From: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Mike Gigante wrote:
> The only caveat is that the click style (which I have), while convenient and
> a must have for the tool kind of guy, does suffer from one inconvenience:
>
> It must be recalibrated every now and then to rmain accurate. the rod and
> scale type never has to be re-calibrated...

One thing I read recently is that you should dial it down to zero when
storing it.  I guess that would help delay the need for recalibration.

What I see as the primary advantage to the click type is that you can use it
reliably in failing (or no) light, or when your face just isn't in the right
place to squint at the little pointer dead on...

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky         91 Miata - Steve (bionic)            96 A4Q - Rudolf
80 928 - Phantom               97 Miata - Nadia                84 RZ350 - Sting