water drain tap

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: water drain tap
From: Frmjr45@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:47:45 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
   I just had a frustrating time with a replacement water drain tap on the
block of my 948.  This is the second one I have gotten that leaks.  First of
all, it says it is made in Taiwan, with a Union Jack on the package.  I was
wary when I saw its origin.
   When installed, it began to drip, drip, drip.  I checked to see if was
tight in the block and it was.  When I went to check to see if the valve was
closed fully, I found it turns opposite of the original, and it stuck,
decanting most of my coolent onto the driveway.  It was too hot to get it
closed.  I checked later and it still dripped with the valve fully closed.
    I called Moss about it and they are making a product check to see if there
have been problems, and they are sending me a replacement(hopefully not from
Taiwan).
 I reinstalled the original, which I was going to replace because it was
seeping slightly, and has been for years.  At least it doesn't have the steady
drip, drip, drip of the replacement.  Has anybody else experienced this
problem?  Help.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Russ Mullaly
1962 Midget