Re: Bugeye side curtains

To: tzuchow@ibm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bugeye side curtains
From: Frmjr45@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:49:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-06-29 21:10:38 EDT, tzuchow@ibm.net writes:

<<
 My side curtains' windows are likely home-made replacements. They fit well
 enough, but there is nothing to keep them from rattling open and closed at
 random. So I have two questions: What was done to prevent this in original
 side curtains? What can I do to make mine hold still. Where is the best
 place to get the materials I need?

  Like Pete said, the channels were lined with felt, which deteriorated, and
also got wet in the winter and froze to the plastic windows, and tore when you
tried to slide your window.  When I got new plastic a number of years ago, I
got a roll of felt-like (only better) weather stripping from a local hardware
store that I used to line the frames.  This cuts down on the annoying rattling
and in turn stops the hairline cracks from starting.

Russ
1962 Midget