Re: need to know before painting

Subject: Re: need to know before painting
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am sitting here imagining the undercoating painter doing his job in 1959
and how he would react if he was told that some day people would pass
around diagrams of how his undercoating was distributed in the wheel well.
It hilarious!

But he also would have done a much better job had he been told!

Not ridiculing, just having fun,
Ulix

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 GMari58175@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-09-24 21:09:37 EDT, dthompso@total.net writes:
>
> <<
>  I do still need an idea from someone about how much and where the thick
>  undercoat or stone chip proofing was sprayed.
>   >>

> Daniel,
> The undercoating for the rear wheel well was applied on my car (origianl
> unrestored) as follows:
> painted on with brush, heavier on lower portion of well and goes up to as
> diagramed below:          /  }        {  \
>                    l  }         { l           { and }   indicate where coating
> is applied
>
> hope this helps.  PS:  This is for rear well.  Front is different.
>
> george marinos
> sprite MKII AN6
> glen rock, nj

                                                           '67 Sprite