Re: Tranny Noise

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Tranny Noise
From: "Paul Dolloff" <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:33:49 EST5EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul, David, and Ulix,

Thanks for the post.  I'm not talking about the seal at the end of the
transmission.  I'm talking about the end of the drive shaft as it
enters the differential.

Apparently, this ring is supposed to be welded to the differential and
prevent larger pieces of dirt from reaching the differential seal.

I think I will try some JB weld or get my neighbor, if he is home, to
spot or tack weld it back on.

Thanks again,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.