Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:45:37 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Guy,
      I believe the Datsun 210 was called the Sunny on your side of the
pond. The years would be 1979 to 1982. There were both 4-speeds and
5-speeds in these cars. The 5-speed from the earlier cars is too big I
think they were called 120Y's there and B210's here. On the correct
transmission the flat spot on top of the bellhousing is a serial number
starting with an F. Also the drain plug for the transmission points
downwards not backwards.
Regards,
Peter S.
Charlotte NC USA