Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:57:15 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>No cutting of the Sprite body is necessary.  However, there is some
>question as to whether or not the metal gear shift lever cover is
>going to fit.  Hey guys, did you get this cover to fit?

My personal 2¢ experience-

I tried a few different ways to make it fit...I didn't like the way it had
to be to fit...SO:

I took some black vinyl upholstery, and cut out 4 triangles, and sewed them
up into a pyramid while watching TV one night: voila - one shift
boot...then I happened to think to look in the Moss catalog because I
remembered that the 1500 midget had a flexible shift boot.  It's under $15,
and undoubtedly looks better than my hand sewn version.

CTP