Re: Hood Header Rail?

To: "Mark Endicott" <endicott@nashville.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood Header Rail?
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:19:03 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, Mark!
I had rivet tails inside my header rail also.  I drilled a  3/8" hole in
one end of the rail, and this was big enough that all the junk could be
shaken or pulled out through the hole.  Instead of using more rivets to
install the seal channel, I used self-tapping screws.
Actually, you could leave all the stuff inside.  Apparently, you never knew
it was there before removing the top and rail, and I didn't, either.
Another technique would be to shake the debris down into one end, then
inject some expanding foam into the nearest screw hole to trap it.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain