Re: Hood Header Rail?

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: Hood Header Rail?
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 19:45:14 -0600
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve Byers wrote:

> Hi, Mark!
> I had rivet tails inside my header rail also.  I drilled a  3/8" hole in
> one end of the rail, and this was big enough that all the junk could be
> shaken or pulled out through the hole.  Instead of using more rivets to
> install the seal channel, I used self-tapping screws.

Thanks to Steve, Frank and Daniel.  I am happy to report that a 3/8
hole did let 30 pop rivet "tails" out of my header rail.  This must be
the third top on my car, not bad at 10 years each.  The rail has been
stripped and primer applied waiting for tomorrow to be repainted.

Thanks Again.
--
Mark
1970 Midget