Re: Rear end drain plug tool

To: Thecarguru@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear end drain plug tool
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 08:44:26 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gary:

>I was going to post a question the other day
>asking if anyone had found a suitable replacement
>with a "normal" wrench fitting or even a square headed
>pipe plug.

The plugs are pipe threaded; can't think of the size.  I took my old ones
to the local True Value Hardware and had them matched up to some
galvanized ones with an allen wrench head.  Because they're pipe
threaded, they form kind of an interference fit when tightened.

My drain plug stuck out about 3/4" when I first installed it.  I chased
the threads with a tap, and reinstalled.  No problems and no leaks.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com