Shock colors

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shock colors
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:39:43 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers,
        I'd like opinions or verifiable facts as to what the proper color of
Armstrong lever shocks should be. Should they be all black?, arms only
black and bodies "natural" (kind of a duct tape color;-), or that awful
pink/orange/copper, or electric blue? I've seen "originals" in all of the
above schemes. I have NOS in all of the above schemes as well. These may be
replacements from Armstrong.... not the ones originally fitted.
Perhaps the shocks fitted at the factory were one scheme, and replacements
different. Perhaps most importantly, for those cars being judged.... does
it matter?
Thanks all.
Peter C.