Re: DCOE

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: DCOE
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:06:13 -0800
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Larry,

Mine pulls from the top, can you flip the throttle lever?   I remember
now, the throttle is pulled from the manifold, what manifold are you
running?  I'm using a Cannon.  Maybe you can make a arm to hold the
cable.  I also drilled and threaded the cross over tube for my PCV
valve.  Works great once I went to the right port to pull a vaccuum on
the crankcase, I was using the valve cover for vaccuum.  I changed it to
the timming cover and it hasn't leaked a bit since.

The choke is another matter.  It will require a right side lever to use
the original knob, mine was backwards.  They are available from Pierce.
I had to use two springs on the other side of the throttle linkage to
keep the idle good.  I will have her over in SF Sat for a club meet, if
you want to see her.

The jets were wrong too.  I ended up with one sizes larger than stock.
Mine has the MD286 Kent cam, this is what gives it such a lobe in Idle.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby