Re: Antique License Plates

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Antique License Plates
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:50:37 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/15/99 11:20:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Since motor vehicle laws vary in from state to state, one should contact
 their respective motor vehicle department/registry for information
 applicable in their state, rather than assume that another state's laws
 may apply in their home state, or that the law has been changed, etc.

 I also have a comment regarding the insurance banter that has pervaded
 this thread (I hate that term) and the comment surrounding mileage
 limitations. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your comments, Jay.  I was certainly not advocating insurance
fraud, or deception of a policeman doing his or her job.

The original poster, I believe, had his city and state listed under his name.
I didn't save the original post, but I think it was Tennessee?

As I said, Pennsylvania does not say how many miles you are allowed to drive a
Classic or Antique car.  They just say once a week, or while on tour.  If
there were many problems arising from misuse of this type of auto
registration, they would change the law to be more specific.  I think that
antique and classic car owners in general are very conscientious about
maintaining and driving their cars, and the fact that there are so few
problems has resulted in low insurance rates and a relaxed attitude by law
enforcement agencies.  In an uncharacteristic moment, I would like to applaud
the insurance industry (I hate that term) for recognizing this.

Don't try to fool anybody.  It will only ruin it for us all.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport