Re: Antique License Plates (and Insurance)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Antique License Plates (and Insurance)
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:43:46 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am not quite sure how this thread moved from plates to insurance but
I found it interesting so I called my friend and long time insurance
agent, "Allen the Weasel".  My timing was just right as he was just on
the phone with Safeco Insurance.  It seems that Safeco has now
upgraded stated value policies to agreed value policies.  My agent
explained that there was to much confusion, on the part of the
insured, as to what would be paid in the event of a total loss. My new
policy is now for the original stated value plus 10% inflation which
brings my Midget to about $10,500 (plus I have a rather high Liability
limit) all for about $400 per year, not bad in my book.  I ask the
question regarding "Antique Plates" and was told that the only
restriction on the policy, regarding plates, is that I have a licensed
vehicle.  They don't care what kind of plate I have as long as I have
one.  I too have a mileage limit which, of course, I would never
exceed. Considering these facts and your input I am off to get the
Antique tag.

Thanks for all the Input...

--
Mark