Re: Signs of Sagging

To: hubbard@idir.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Signs of Sagging
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 03:56:46 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Phillip,

I think the doors need to be adjusted.

Just our 2cents worth.

Bob and Annce
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)

In a message dated 3/2/99 1:44:41 PM, hubbard@idir.net writes:

<< I looked at a '65 Sprite yesterday - a project type car.  One of the things
I know one should look for is sagging.  I understand a test for that on
half elliptic sprung cars is to look for the door gap to be closed at the
top and open at the bottom.  On this car, I saw this on the driver's side
door, but the passenger's side door fit very well all the way around.  The
driver's side door also stuck out about 1/4" at the rear bottom.

Is this a sign that the car is sagging or just that the driver's side
rocker is worse than the passenger's side or something else? >>