RE: Oil and Oil coolers

To: "'Michael Dietsche'" <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Oil and Oil coolers
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:23:50 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
FWIW- We've had some problems not getting our rings to seat in on our 1300
Spitfire using synthetics. Redline recommends running with mineral oils
until smoking stops.  However, That's a judgement call which we made too
early last year. DEFINITELY run a MINIMUM of 500-1000 miles before changing
to synthetics.
Mark Haynes
'62 HAN6