Re: Women Drivers

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Women Drivers
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:37:04 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A couple years back I had the privilege of driving at Millbrook test track
(millbrook.co.uk).  On one fast downhill bend I was hitting about 90mph which
I figured was the sensible speed for me in the circumstances.  I knew I could
go quicker but decided not too (in a variety of modern fast cars) in case I
overstepped my ability.

Later that day Stephanie Simmonite the rally driver took me for a drive in
Carlos Sainz World Rally Car Ford Escort Cosworth (he had a new car, it was
his old one!).  Ok the car was 4WD but Stephanie apologised for not being used
to it. (she could have fooled me).

At the downhill bend in question we were doing well over a 100mph before we
even got to the bit where I was doing 90.  The drive was so thrilling I didn't
bother looking at the speedo much after that.  Stephanie worked up a sweat by
the end of the drive and I was truly in awe.  If I wasn't already married I
would have proposed to her on the spot, well at least asked her for a date -
she was and still is a very attractive lady.

Daniel1312