Re: 40 DCOE Update and First Extended Drive

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 40 DCOE Update and First Extended Drive
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:06:46 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 29/3/1999  4:57:19PM,  millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< I thought I had the Weber where it would at least run ok. It runs great in
 the garage and on short trips around the neighborhood. Saturday was my first
 chance to get it out on the hiway. It ran perfect for about a mile. Then it
 just bogged down and died. Pulled a plug and it was black and wet.

 Got it home and let it cool down and pulled the carb and manifold. There was
 a puddle of gas in each port on the head.

Larry,

This is unusual - I have been able to black plugs and produce black smoke with
a very overly rich DCOE but have never wet plugs (other than starting).

Obviously the jetting is rich somewhere - don't give up yet.

The puddle of gas is not as unusual (depends how big the puddle is though) as
you might suppose though I would check that the float needle is shutting off
properly and that there is not dirt in it.  Also I forget what size of float
needle you have in it but if it is too large you will get flooding you should
be ok with 2.00 but could try a 1.75 OR maybe the float level is too high.

Daniel1312