RE: 40 DCOE Update and First Extended Drive

To: "'Larry Miller'" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: RE: 40 DCOE Update and First Extended Drive
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:00:10 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry- you may want to check that the float doesn't have a hole in it, the
brass floats, while more durable, do have a solder seam on them. The fact
that it doesn't start running fuel into the forward venturi until well after
the motor starts could indicate a slow leak. If you turn on the fuel pump
without running the motor, does it start leaking into the venturi after a
bit?-If not, it probably isn't float related. (other than float
height)--BTW, Carroll Smith has an excellent section in Tune To Win on
DCOEs, his statement is that the specs for DCOEs where written before the
ability to handle at more than about .7g, as such the spec for float level
is too high, and should be reduced by approx.1-1.5MM.
Mark Haynes
'62 HAN6 RMVR