Re: 40 DCOE Update and First Extended Drive

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 40 DCOE Update and First Extended Drive
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:23:42 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel

I did not realize that you could get different size float needles so I have
never checked the size on mine.  I will check the needle size and check the
float level again. I have not given up on the DCOE yet, just switched to the
DGV  so that I could get some miles on it to sort out other things and to
again verify that the engine really does run ok with a different carb.

I had the float set at 8.5 MM originally as per specs from Pierce. With
engine at idle after a minute or so gas would start to run out of the front
venturi (air cleaner off). Not a whole lot but a steady drip. I set the
float to close sooner and that stopped it.

The fuel pressure is set at 2.5 lbs. verified with a pressure gauge.

Larry