Re: Straps For Luggage Rack

To: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Straps For Luggage Rack
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John,

been there done that.
Long distance relationship, airport pickup, Spridget.
If you remove the spare tire, you'd be surprised how big a suitcase
actually fits in the trunk.  But of course you can't know for sure
beforehand.
I think the trunk lid and rack are fairly sturdy, but if she is bringing
some brake drums, a cluster gear and a rearend pumpkin as gifts for you,
you may want to install those right in the airport parking lot before
strapping the suitcase to the rack.
I would look for leather suitcase straps or a belt of a really big guy.

Ulix

On Tue, 4 May 1999, John C. Gottstein wrote:

> Hi,
>    I'm going to pick up my girlfriend from the airport (darn long distance
> relationships), so I want to take the Midget, since she has not yet ridden
> in it (no that's not what I mean, let's not start the love in an LBC thread
> again).  Since she might have a few pieces of luggage, I need to know two
> things.
>
> 1) Is the "luggage rack" on the trunk intended for anything heavier than a
> picnic basket,
> 2) If so, Where can I get straps that look a little nicer looking than
> bungee cords, or those bright, red, NASCAR endorsed, heavy duty nylon tie
> down straps?
>
> Thanks,
>         John

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9