True Confessions

To: JustBrits@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: True Confessions
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 22:32:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

I must confess.  Not that I secretly love cats, lust after a Tr***ph,
occasionally tow my wire-wheeled LBC backwards with the driveshaft in (or
out, depending on your personal point of view), or wear a long scarf and
a tight skirt whilst driving an LBC with eared knockoffs.  No, none of
those dastardly deeds.

Much to my discredit, I let a fellow lister down.  Ed Kaler (Just Brits)
was kind enough to loan me a photo album detailing pictures of his garage
renovation.  After snagging several ideas from it (some of the photos
should be posted to the web), I failed to return it in a timely fashion.
He's been pretty good about this, despite the annoyance it must have
caused -- much more so than many people I know would have been.

Although the album has since been sent on its speedy way, my
responsibilities have not been ended.  I feel particularly bad because it
was damned decent of Ed to do this for me, and I let him down and, to a
degree, every other person on the list.  The free and easy interchange of
ideas, information, and trust is what makes the list so valuable to each
of us.  For the potential damage, I apologize sincerely and profusely to
the list, and to Ed most of all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must don my hair shirt, wail, gnash my teeth,
turn up the Zappa, use the word "thread" in this message (someone hates
that term), locate some wine to taste, determine what colors my gearbox
and shock levers should be painted, and copy this message to Montana
(where men are men, sheep are nervous, and velcro gloves sell very well)
Bob.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
But no longer Ed Kaler's photo album!

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com