Re: front seal on the diff.

To: "Rick/Carolyn" <walters@mail.softcom.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front seal on the diff.
From: "Bruce Woodward" <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 08:42:23 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I thought that seal was supposed to leak, spewing rust inhibiting lube onto
the underside of the car!

seriously.  I tried to replace that seal while I had the rear end out and
could not get the 1-1/8" nut broken loose.  It appears to turn
counterclockwise to loosen, but I could not find a way to secure the pinion
shaft from rotating to get that d**n nut broken loose.

I will be pulling the rear end again in a few weeks.  anybody have a
suggestion?   I Have tried also with axle back in car and handbrake on full
and stil I turn the axle shafts while trying to remove that d**n nut.  I
also have bent by 1/2" craftsman breakover bar trying this!

bruce@woodward-realty.com