Re: The Red Car

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, RBHouston@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Red Car
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:41:22 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-05-11 03:40:48 EDT, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> I read this as a boy also. I blame it for my British car addiction. I've
>  been trying to find a copy for my son to read.

Now I've got to read it.  I blame "Kings of the Road", by Ken Purdy, given to
me when I was 8 or so by my father when I got tears in my eyes at a car show
because we couldn't take home a Bugatti.  He goes into why big, bloated
American cars are dangerous, and will suffer due to a lack of innovation and
foreign competition.  And he wrote it in the 1950's.