Bleeding Brake failure

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bleeding Brake failure
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:10:42 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey!

Would you believe that I have at least 3 different bleed screw (wrench)
sizes?  (didn't get to the 4th.)  And 1 does not bleed with the Mityvac!
And 1 I did not have a wrench for (7mm socket fits).  (it loosened with my
fingers!)  Aargh!  The one that wouldn't bleed with the Mityvac is spring
loaded.  I pulled it out completely to put teflon tape around it.  (Then it
wasn't sucking air, ... but wasn't sucking anything.)  Then I had to get my
11 yr. old son to do the pump the pedal thing.

The result is that my brakes are spongier than they were.  (until at least
next weekend).

The instructions with the Mityvac (or similar) say to start with the closest
wheel, while Haynes says to start with the furthest.  Inquiring minds want
to know.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette