Re: Purchase From List Member ;(

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>, "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MGList (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Purchase From List Member ;(
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:41:13 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

I think I'd make one last attempt to get some action on receiving the item
for   which you paid, with the understanding that any further unreasonble
delay will result in exposure to the list. Certainly things come up and
delays can sometimes happen, but two months is more than reasonably
patient. They certainly had the time to make it to the bank. Others on the
list should know if this is what they are likely to encounter in an
exchange with someone. If the main purpose of being here (on the list) is
the camaraderie and to help each other out, this doesn't quite seem like
the right spirit.

Gerard

At 3:53 PM -0400 5/24/99, Michael Graziano wrote:
>Hello again.
>
>On another note,  I have a small problem.  I bought a item for my car from
>an active list member several months ago.  I sent the check on March 29th.
>S/he cashed the check in early April,  After several weeks, and no item, I
>emailed him/her (April 12th).  They emailed with a reasonable excuse, prompt
>delivery promised.
>
>Several emails back and forth till my last email went unanswered.  Now I'm
>not sure what to do.  S/he seems perfectly apologetic, and nice,  and s/he
>regularly contributes to the list.  But 2 months is a long time for a part
>bought from a list member.  I know of at least one other person who has
>bought something from him/her and not received it yet.  Same time frame....
>
>Anyone else ever face this?  What did you do?  ANyone else have any
>"pending" parts out there with a similar time frame?
>
>Sorry to bomb the list with this crap....
>
>Mike
>

>  _____________________________________
> /                                     \
>|           Michael Graziano            |
>|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
>|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
>|         Fax:   203-553-5869           |
>|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com