Re: My Daughter, My Sprite

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Daughter, My Sprite
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 06:39:48 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/27/99 10:45:16 AM, Ajhsys@AOL.COM writes:

<<BTW, I will be sending my two youngest drivers to a FREE BMW driving school
in August. >>

Allen,

Thanks for the info.  I also noted they're running an advanced driver school
in Boston for more experienced drivers.  Although my son learned to drive a
manual transmission in my bugeye, his own car is an '83 BMW 320is.I'd
nominate the 320i as a great first car for younger drivers.  Formerly the
"Die Yuppie Scum" car of the 80's they're plentiful, inexpensive, (generally
under $2,000 to $4-5,000 for an excellent original)
nimble, and have excellent cabin integrity.  BMW still carries most
replacement parts through its Heritage program  and a new factory front
fender was only $115.  Their only downfall is rust, but driveline components
regularly last past 200k, Best of all, BMW Car Club of America is extremely
active in autocrossing and driving schools and puts out a first-rate magazine.

Rick Neville
Rowley,MA
AN5,BJ7