Re: Nader, was: Side Marker Reflectors

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <toyman@htcomp.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nader, was: Side Marker Reflectors
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 09:58:56 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I always found it ironic that Nader wound off killing off the best-handling
car made in the US at the time-- the late-model Corvair. And the early
Corvair had its handling faults, but it was clearly documented that the main
problem the car had came from ignorant mechanics rotating the tires and not
adjusting the tire pressures, which were very different front and rear.  I
owned a rear-engined Fiat 850, and I could see noticeable handling
degradation when the tires were just a half-pound off. I shudder to think
how it would have handled with the pressure off five or six pounds!

Back in the Sixties, I remember reading a quote from the new CEO of BSA (a
Lord something-or-other) to the effect that he didn't care if they ever sold
another motorcycle, but they =were= going to do things =his= way.  And they
did. . .

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye
Clemmons, NC