Re: Nader, was: Side Marker Reflectors

To: "Spridgets Email List (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nader, was: Side Marker Reflectors
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 13:58:55 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I guess that this makes me the "Anti-Nader"

Just to elaborate on Tom's statement...  The 65-69 Corvair was better on the
skidpad than the same vintages Corvette, and no American car beat it untill
the mid 70's.  And with modern tires, a late model Corvair is still one of
the best handling cars on the autocross track!

I think I was accused of being a traitor the other night on the PDLJMPR chat
for being an owner of a late model Corvair also.  Good to know that my
tastes are somewhat appreciated around here!!!  Interesting enough, I have
come across a great many Corvair owners who are also LBC fans... and more
than a few are into Spridgets...

Patton Dickson - Madison, MS - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/
67 AH Sprite
65 Corvair 110/4sp Monza Vert

PS  Couldn't resist comment.  Anyone who would like a discussion on the side
about how the Corvair was certified SAFE by the US government in the 1970's
and/or how Nader's actions actually kept the Corvair in production longer
than it would have been without his efforts, e-mail me on the side.