Re: Fitting Car Radio Shafts ?

To: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>, "Chuck Ciaffone" <chuckc@ibm.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fitting Car Radio Shafts ?
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:36:03 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had this same problem. There is no "further back into the console". The
smallest of radio tape decks just squeeze in. I actually had to saw off the
grounding bolt that stuck out of the back of the radio to get it to fit in
the console.

For the shafts I got some black pvc tubing at the local hardware store, I
think it was 3/4 diameter or similar, and carefully cut and sanded the ends
so they cover the shafts. Mine fit under the larger set of knobs that
control tone and balance and look like they actually belong there. Mine are
held in by the knobs, but you can use some hot melt glue or other sticky
stuff to hold them to the faceplate.

Robert
http://www.woozy.com