TR7 viewing and a thought for the day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 viewing and a thought for the day
From: Peggy Bohler <pbohler@wenet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:10:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Went to see the TR7 -- it is in a field with sheep to keep it company.
It is BRG 1978 sunroof.  Needs a paint job.   And of course I want it.
Need to see how much the back registration fees and penalties are going to
add up to before I call a tow truck.  Could let my husband check it out
first, but ........... nahhhhhhh!

Our oldest daughter and her 18 month old daughter (our youngest grandchild)
went with me to look at the TR7 -- we went through the gate - looked the
car over for rust - kicked the rocker panels, you know, all that stuff.
Popped the hood and we were looking around in there for anything
"outstanding" - when my daughter says  "MO--OM!!  There's a cow, you didn't
tell me there were cows in here!"  So I looked -- it was BIG -- and I said
to her, is it a cow or a bull?  Then she is really scared - not for
herself, but because she is toting the kidlet -- she said she didn't know
which it was, and she starts walking away -- AWAY from the gate, yet!  So I
tell her which route to take to get to the gate while I close up the car
doors and hood and keep an eye on the bovine -- then I see it better and it
is a male -- so I say "it is a bull."    Boy, did she get out the gate
then!!  I went up to the house to tell the lady we were leaving and that I
had latched the gate and told her about the close encounter with the bovine
kind and she said "Oh, the steer.  He'll butt you in the behind to say
hello."   Oh, yeah!  Great!  If he had nudged one of us in the rear we
would have flown over the fence and to heck with the gate, or needed to
change our jeans.  We are still laughing about it though.  We had fun.

OK - in with the paperwork that was in the trunk was a receipt for a part
(what a surprise?)
Anyway - it has a saying on it

"SPRING HAS SPRUNG, THE BIRDS ARE HERE,
IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR CAR IN GEAR."