Re: Gas tank pickup tube

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank pickup tube
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 07:39:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/5/99 11:08:32 PM EST, wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:

<< Now I am beginning to
 think the pick up tube in the tank has a hole in it or has broken
 off.  I will look in the tank tomorrow when I get a smaller
 inspection mirror. >>

That sounds probable William.  If you are back blowing air into the tank and
it is not bubbling through the gasoline, but is rushing out of the filler
tube, it has to be bypassing the gasoline.  That means of course, in reverse
the gasoline would be bypassed in favor of air. I personally havent heard of
the Pick up tube breaking off, but I have come to expect ANYTHING when
dealing with an LBC.  Good Luck!

--David