New Brake problem,To me anyways

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New Brake problem,To me anyways
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 22:32:40 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Just found a new glitch in our 69 Sprite to help me go prematurely bald.
(In case your not sure what this means, It is another reason to pull my
hair out.)

Taking some test laps in the deserted parking lot across the street
tonight, when my other (better) half stops the car for a second to ask
me something, and when she starts to drive again, the car refuses to
move, it squeals both rear tires, and stalls the motor. Seems the brakes
have locked solid. I try the emergency brake handle and it seems to move
freely, so I jack up the back end and take a look. The back wheels spin
easily,(a little more play between axles than I care for), but no bind.

I then drop the rear back down, and jack up the front end. Both front
wheels are locked. This car has new brake lines,calipers and rotors.
Tapping the proportioning valve allows me to move the wheels a little
and se is able to get the car back to the shop driveway, about 1000 feet
away when they lock up again. I think she hit the brakes to make the
sharp right hand turn in, and this loked them.

I finally got the wheels unlocked by loosening off the brake lines at
the proportioning valve, that go to the front calipers. Now I have no
brakes save the emergency.

Can I fix this prop. valve? I see VB has them listed for 499.95 a piece.
This is more than the car cost us.

If it can't be fixed, can someone help me out with a used one that they
know is good?

Thanx, Mark Snowdon, Greensboro NC