Re: Timing the 1275 ? (vac. advance with a sidedraft)

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, davidr@sunset.net
Subject: Re: Timing the 1275 ? (vac. advance with a sidedraft)
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:00:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

Thanks! This is specifically the information I was looking for. Unfortunately
your picture didn't come out (I'm on a Sun workstation), but I have a pretty
good idea of where I should tap a vacuum hole. Since the dellorto, and weber
DCOE are virtually identical, your instructions should apply to my setup. I
just
want to make sure that I know exactly where the hole should be placed...
 With the plate fully closed, should it be right up against the plate (on the
filter side), or out from it  a few millimeters, or is it that critical?? For
this to work properly, I am under the impression that you want to have 'minimum
'vacuum when the throttle plate is fully closed, and have the vacuum increase
the moment the throttle starts to open. There is a hole where the 'choke' lets
in fuel, and I'm wondering if I can tap into that( since the choke never gets
used anyway),but I need to double check to see if that is in front or behind
the
throttle plate. Does that sound like a possibility??, or do you think I'm
better
off just drilling a new hole in the side of the throttle body?

Regards,
Bryan