Re: Timing the 1275 ? (vac. advance with a sidedraft)

To: David Riker <davidr@sunset.net>
Subject: Re: Timing the 1275 ? (vac. advance with a sidedraft)
From: chuck <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 14:39:46 -0700
Cc: Richard Shipman <mbelect@mindspring.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In confused.

Just went out and looked CAREFULLY at my SUs on my stock
'72 1275.

The vacuum comes off a nipple just about in the center
of the intake manifold.

There are NO unused nipples on either (or both) SU base.

The only likely ports are for the Y hose to the oil separator
for PCV use.

So where should I drill and tap for a nipple? Front or back
SU? At the base? On the manifold side of the throttle body?

help.

chuck