Re: Weber air filters

To: adrian@workgroup.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber air filters
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:11:18 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On my '79, I have a Weber downdraft that I have to run without an air filter
because I have not found one as yet that is thin enough to fit on top of the
Weber without contacting the bonnet.  The filter that was on the car when I
got it was actually rubbing a shiny spot on the underside of the bonnet and
not allowing the bonnet to shut properly.  I think the filter must be
somewhere inthe neighborhood of 1" thin--have not found one to date.  Anybody
have any ideas?   I noted that the site Frank mentioned only had filters 1
3/4 " thick.

--David