RE: Water Temp Gauge Broke

To: "'John C. Gottstein'" <gottstein@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Water Temp Gauge Broke
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:52:27 -0600
Cc: "'Spridgets@autox.team.net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John ,
That " wire with a coil around it " ain't a wire at all . It's a capillary
tube .
I believe it was filled with alcohol . The alcohol expands when it gets hot
and causes a mechanism inside the gauge to move the needle .
You can send your gauge to someone like PaloAlto Speedometer repair ,
or buy a working used gauge . Check the price both ways and decide what way
to go . Good Luck ,
                             Mark Hanna
                             AN5