Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, gottstein@erols.com
Subject: Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:06:15 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/4/99 12:18:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM writes:

<< I'm not sure what they charge for repairing
 the tube, and recalibrating the gauge, but something tells me, that you can
 probably pick up a used working gauge much cheaper. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The only problem with a used gauge is that you can't tell by looking at it
whether the capillary tube has been evacuated.  You take a chance buying one
used, so make sure you get a guarantee.  Check some of the gauge rebuilders
to see if they have some that are reconditioned.

Can the dual gauge with the mechanical water temp be replaced by another
gauge with a different sensor?  What would need to be done to accomodate this
change?  Anybody?  (BTW, I have the same gauge and it's broken too.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport