Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:13:02 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I must admit I do have a working gauge from my project car.  It is currently
plugged into the freebie car and coiled up in the engine bay.  I won't drive
like
that, but it's good for working in the driveway.  The annoying part is that in
order to replace the gauge, you have to deal with the oil pressure component
too.  So what if both gauges are broken, to where one gauge shows oil only and
the other shows temperature only?  Pass the whiskey.

adrian

Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/4/99 1:36:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> adrian@workgroup.net writes:
>
> << I think (but not sure) that the '78's and beyond had a wire instead of a
>  capillary tube.  Not sure how to do the swap, but since mine is also bad,
> I'd be
>  interested to know how as well. >>

> The boat is getting full, and we all seem to be in the same one!  I wonder if
> you can fill the capillary tube with a single malt whisky?
>
> Allen Hefner
> '77 Midget
> '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

J. Adrian Barnes, MCP