Re: Bugeye horn and clutch roller bearing

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye horn and clutch roller bearing
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:24:38 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan:

Before I switched to the Nissan tranny, I tried the roller throwout bearing.
It works great and required no modifications anywhere.  When below about 50
degrees outside, it would chatter a little bit after it was a year old, but
upon removal a year after that, everything looked just fine.  Once you
replace the throwout bearing the next weak link is the clutch plate, as the
fingers and springs break easily.

YMMV

David Riker
74 Midget