Re: Fw: 5-Speed Clutch Setup

To: millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Fw: 5-Speed Clutch Setup
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:39:48 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Larry,

One of my customers has a 1380 and is fully aware of the blow by problems
on this engine.  Other than that, he loves it.  Great horspower and quick
respone with his side draft weber.   David Anton admits that the extra
large bore does create flexure of the bore and really cannot be easily
taken care of.

Mr. Perrys comments on the Datsun clutch pieces and flywheel mods are
correct for all high speed engines.  If you have done all the normal
things for a real spinner, then you should always balance the flywheel
and clutch pieces.  Also with the Datsun cover, it will fit on the
flywheel in only one position.  Not so with the BMC cover that will fit
any of two or three positions, depending on the engine, so should be
indexed after balancing so it will be in the right balance alignment on
installation.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com