Re: Weber Set-up??

To: Kroyell@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber Set-up??
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 05:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> I also put on a "soft mount" kit at the same time,
> has anyone had problems
> relating to these kits??

My 45DCOE came w/ the soft mount kit, and an extremely
respected mechanic friend who is a "by the book" guy
with lots of Weber experience suggested I ignore the
instructs and tighten the nuts down almost completely.
 He has seen leaks and damage resulting from the
assembly being too loose.  I do not have very long
term usage yet (~1 yr), but so far so good.  I did not
overtighten the nuts, but did go beyond the torque
setting recommended in the limited instructions.  It
seemed like the carb was flapping in the breeze too
much at the low torque.