Re: (follow up) Blown Head Gasket

To: egnorant@flash.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, lundgren@iname.com
Subject: Re: (follow up) Blown Head Gasket
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:01:50 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/19/99 11:18:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
egnorant@flash.net writes:

<< As far as finding parts for my Bugeye in local parts stores, I found a
winner.
 They were able to pull from shelves all the tune up parts, oil filters,
bulbs,
 belts and
 WIPERS!!!! With a phone call they found generators, starters, rebuilt carbs,
 wheel bearings and seals, local trans and diff rebuilder, engine rebuild
parts,
 NOS electrical parts, (Imagine that they found a 60 Bugeye headlight/ignition
 switch 3 blocks away on the shelf!!) And many other items. He had Vic Brit
 catalogs, Moss Motoors and AH Spares under the counter. He also knew a few
 local shops that actually had experience in MGs and Austin Healeys. He also
 pointed me to an upholstery shop that was enthusiastic about working on odd
 cars. Now all I need is some money to use all these resourses and I will be
 fine! He also pointed me to a shop that does proper inspections on older
cars.
 In short...Move to Texas!
 Bruce Lowry >>

No fair keeping the name of this place to yourself!  Please consider sending
the name, address and phone number to Andrew Lundgren (e-mail:
lundgren@iname.com).  Andrew has about the best listing of Brit Car suppliers
I have ever seen on the Web.  Go to:  www.itwest.net/~lundgren/mgs.html  and
check it out.

We need to get the word out about good places so that they will keep
increasing their business.  More business for then will ensure their
longevity, and may even keep parts in production longer.  Who knows, prices
may even come down.

Thanks,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget