Re: bleedin' brakes

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleedin' brakes
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:44:55 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert:

Brake bleeding can be fun!!!

First of all, on an LHD car, the wheel furthest from the MC is the left rear
(trace the line to see why), then the right rear, then the left front, then
the right front, so that's the appropriate order to bleed them.

Back off the adjustments as far as possible, then bleed each wheel
systematically and with abundant patience, then do them all one more time
for good measure. There really isn't much fluid in the lines, so doing a
complete change won't use more than what you describe. After bleeding,
adjust the brakes, and your pedal should be right up (assuming everything
else is in order).

I'm planning a trip to Ottawa this November, if you're still working on it,
I'll come and help!!!

Good luck,

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC