RE: bleedin' brakes

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: bleedin' brakes
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:05:58 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert,

I too hate bleeding brakes.  I found a company that makes a nifty little
device called SpeedBleeder.  They make a bleeder screw replacement that lets
NO air back in during the bleeding process.  You don't need another person,
or any special tools.It costs around $8 for each wheel.  Once I put a set of
these on my Sprite, I had a noticeably tighter feel to my pedal.  No
financial interest, just a good company to work with.  The owner sent me a
couple of different sizes on good faith to see which fit best.  Here's the
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

If you've used 3/4 of a litre, that should be plenty to push any air or old
fluid out.  What probably happening is that either air is getting in at the
wheel cylinder, or you've got a leak at the master cylinder.  A master
cylinder leak doesn't always show itself with leaking fluid.  If the rubber
is old, air can seep in, and you can tell by looking at the fluid in
cylinder while the pedal is depressed.  If tiny bubbles appear, you've got a
leak.  Hope this helps!

Greg Gowins '69 Sprite