Re: Tire help

To: Jpp963@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tire help
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:08:21 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jpp963@aol.com wrote:

> type79@ix.netcom.com writes:
>
> Jay, if you want to get those 165's on the car just fold up the rear fender
> flanges and add some spacers.  I hear a baseball bat is great for this, I'll
> come over with mine.

This is how things become facts.  I have heard about the baseball bat trick
and suggested it to someone on the list.  But I have never tried the
"bat trick".  Now "Mark" has suggested using a bat, but I will say he heard
it from me.  Now two people have suggested using a bat, but most likely have
never used the "bat trick" themselves.   Folks you are seeing an urban legend
being born.  Hooray.  I have always wanted to start an urban legend but I
would have hoped that it was a better one.

Bill "I can fix anything on a body (car or people) with a bat" Gilroy