HIF queries.

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIF queries.
From: derfman <derfman@eatel.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:15:24 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
Any help appreciated.  A fine gentleman sent me 4 HIF6 carbs for a very
reasonable cost.  Now I need to gain insight into them.  I got 2
AUD388Fs and 2 AUD388Rs.  They are definitely from Volvos.  The Fs have
what appears to be a choke mechanism.  Is that correct?
I recognize the fuel inlets.  But, there are what seem to be fuel
outlets on the side which are valved so that they flow (in? or out?)
when the throttle is closed.  Anyone know what these things do?
Any other information on these beasts is appreciated.  I plan to use one
on a 1275 Midget and so far have heard from one other person who had
poor results.  I'm waiting on my copy of Vizard which was advertised "in
stock, delivered in 3-6 days" that I ordered almost a month ago.
Cheers,
Derf